Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I'm still here!! :D

Hello Friends!!! Wow, I am a horrible blogger! I guess it is just because I'm very new to this... but it is really hard to find time to sit down and keep my blog updated amidst a busy schedule of work, school, parenting, cooking, etc. I GREATLY admire those ladies out there that are consistently blogging and posting great products (that I use ALL the time!).
      With that said, I recently downloaded a few great products on R-controlled vowels and decided to create a little coordinating independent activity for my kiddos to do during phonics centers to practice the -ar combination. I have to give a shout out to The Inspired Apple for her amazing "Learning with Pirate Mark" packet from TPT! My kiddos love Pirate Mark :) and I found a super cute song online at KidsKnowIt that fits well with the theme too! After planning for my week and going through all the super cute activities out there, I got a small surge of energy to create a last minute independent activity (with the help of the ScrappinDoodles adorable pirate graphics :) to go along with our Pirate Argh! unit and would like to share it with all of you for FREE! (especially since it has been a while since my last post!)
The file consists of a treaasure map and word cards. I ran one copy of the treasure map for each of my students and printed the word cards on cardstock, which I also laminated to save for next year's batch of firsties!  I placed a pocket chart at the center and placed the labels at the top. My kiddos worked together to read and sort words into their correct side (words with -ar and words without -ar). Once they finished, they could use the pocket chart to write words onto the record sheet to complete the treasure map. My more advanced kiddos were given an extension on the back of the treasure map to create sentences using all the words that they recorded. This is how I utilized the activity, but please feel free to use it as you choose :D I hope ya'll enjoy!
 Thanks for keeping faith in me and following me while my blogging/creating skills develop!

No comments:

Post a Comment